Ferndale, Michigan • Behavior Technician • Full-Time/Part-Time
At LifeLab Kids, we empower all youth of all abilities to see past their limitations and lead full lives. We are looking for energetic, hard-working individuals with experience working with children to come and join our team! Come and be a part of an organization that desires to go above and beyond, questions the status quo, and searches for innovative ways to help our students live independent lives.
If you thrive in a team environment, have a positive attitude, are driven to do your best, and are willing to learn new and exciting challenges every day, then look no further.
As a Behavior Technician, you will work 1 on 1 with clients on the autism spectrum of all ages (18 months – 20 years old) under supervision. Our program focuses on improving language, communication, socialization and play skills, while decreasing problem behaviors through an individualized plan. You will work collaboratively with the LLK team, implement behavior plans, and interact daily with the client’s family.
We are currently hiring for part-time (20 hour/week) and full-time (32-40 hours/week) positions in both Oakland and Macomb County.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen upon hire
- Experience working with children is required
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification or willingness to achieve certification in a face to face course
- Willingness to work with children seated on the floor or with children who may not be potty trained
- Open to feedback and continued supervision and feedback from supervisor
- Ability to move frequently throughout the center, organize and gather materials, anticipate and respond immediately to client, provide instructions in a variety of settings
- Ability to respond to or physically block attempts at aggression
- Sound technical skills
- Ability to collect and input data into an electronic medical records system
- Open and willing to working evenings and weekends (Tuesday – Saturday)
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior Behavior Technician experience is not required, however if you do not have a RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification, must be willing to complete 40 hours of coursework to acquire certification.
Monday – Friday and Tuesday – Saturday
– Competitive hourly rates
– Paid time-off
– Paid Holidays
– Professional development
– Medical, dental and vision insurance
– Opportunities for career advancement
All benefits available to full-time staff.