Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full Time
Location: Ferndale/Clinton Township
Availability to travel between clinic locations preferred.
Schedule: Monday – Saturday
Flexible 40 hour work week with availability to 7PM, Saturday availability preferred.
About LifeLab Kids: LifeLab Kids is a therapeutic, recreation, and teaching center for youth of all abilities. A comprehensive campus designed to grow with students and families, to offer real-life skills and developmentally appropriate opportunities to help children grow past their limitations and lead full, balanced lives. We build collaborative partnerships between students, families, and therapists to engage students’ passions and increase their health, happiness, and quality of life.
Job Summary: The Licensed Professional Counselor will assess psychological, intellectual, cognitive, and behavioral issues with testing and evaluation. Using interventions such as psychotherapy (talk therapy) and behavior management.
- Completes comprehensive assessments within program guidelines and formulates a diagnostic impression by conducting client and /or family interviews and identifying strengths, weaknesses, concerns, and goals/objectives for the development of a treatment plan;
- Prepares individualized treatment plan, in accordance with established standards and deadlines, consistent with assessment and in conjunction with clients and supervisor, to include goals, intervention, necessary support, or referral service;
- Evaluates client response to treatment and modify treatment plan or recommend treatment extensions as circumstances require;
- Conducts individual counseling sessions with clients in accordance with treatment plan, or as necessary for crisis intervention; provides clients with feedback, support or encouragement or to address behaviors and attitudes or family, social or personal problems;
- Documents treatment plans, narratives, progress notes, intervention treatment evaluations, discharge summaries, treatment plan reviews, and so forth; and maintains clients’ records and charts in accordance with organizational, regulatory accreditations, and contractual standards;
- Maintains regular verbal and written communication with client’s family members or guardians or other providers and so forth to relay reports and other information for the continuity of care as applicable;
- Complete all necessary training and requirements to maintain licensure and supervisor qualifications by the State of Michigan.
Education, Experience, Training, Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Counseling
- Fully Licensed in Clinical Social Work or Clinical Psychology.
- Licensed by the State of Michigan (LPC, LMSW)
- LP, LLP are also acceptable titles
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities.
- Bonus if you have experience with art, music, or dance movement therapy.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.