Status: Full Time
Location: Ferndale/Clinton Township
Schedule: Monday- Friday 9AM – 7 PM, Saturday 9AM – 4 PM
5 day work week within clinic hours; able to work evenings and some travel to in-home appointments may be required.
ABOUT LIFELAB KIDS: LifeLab Kids is a therapeutic, recreation, and teaching center for youth of all abilities. A comprehensive campus designed to grow with students and families, to offer real-life skills and developmentally appropriate opportunities to help children grow past their limitations and lead full, balanced lives. We build collaborative partnerships between students, families, and therapists to engage students’ passions and increase their health, happiness, and quality of life.
Job Summary: The Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst ( BCBA) works collaboratively in a non-traditional ABA setting. The Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst is responsible for creating a truly unique and client-centered program.
- Supervision of current client caseload for a minimum of 10% of their direct therapy hours per week;
- Conducting ongoing six month reassessments for caseload using assessment tools including, but not limited to, VBMAPP, PEAK, AFLS, Vineland and ABLLS to be completed for insurance reimbursement;
- Designing, executing and monitoring individualized treatment programs;
- Ongoing training, observations and feedback of behavior technicians;
- Facilitating monthly parent trainings to ensure consistency and generalization of skills between home and clinic;
- Completing an accurate weekly log of all billable interactions and service hours for client charts and reporting all information to LifeLab Kids;
- Ability to attend ongoing staff trainings;
- Remaining current with research and new methodologies;
- Completion of initial intakes and assessments for onboarding clients;
- Other activities generally performed by a BCBA that are directly related to behavioral analysis such as activities related to oversight of LifeLab Kids programs and employees.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Previous experience as a BCBA preferred
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification and valid behavior analyst license for the state of Michigan
- Extensive knowledge of behavior analysis and autism
- Ability to maintain caseload of 25 billable hours per week
- Experience as a practicum supervisor preferred
- A fun and compassionate disposition with an open mind geared toward learning
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Willingness to lead with a positive attitude even in times of stress
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to bend, squat, push/pull 30 pounds as needed to assist with therapy services
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays