Speech and Language Pathologist
LifeLab Kids helps clients of all abilities to discover their unique true potential through a blend of evidence based interventions, therapeutic activities, and innovative use of technology. We build collaborative partnerships between clients, families, and therapists to engage clients’ passions and increase their health, happiness, and quality of life.
Our interdisciplinary staff is looking for compassionate, patient, and energetic professionals to join our team. We are in search of an individual to complement our team. We want to provide the best care to our clients and families at an affordable cost. We are currently renovating the most accessible and welcoming space possible for our students. Applying the latest technology and research, LifeLab Kids will have a gym with adaptive equipment, rock wall, art room, music room, virtual reality room, and life skills/feeding kitchen.
In search of a high-quality Speech and Language Pathologist with a certification through American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide clinical services to the pediatric population ranging in age from birth to 18 years of age. SLP will be required to conduct evaluations, treatment and home programs for language, articulation, cognition, voice, fluency, hearing, swallowing, pragmatic, and communication disorders.
- Consultation and collaboration with clients, family, caregivers, medical professionals and other LLK staff about speech and language skills.
- Provide individual and group therapy.
- Develop treatment and therapy programs for children.
- Provide speech therapy intervention according to established treatment plan.
- Educate caregivers and family members in home programs.
- Perform medical record documentation
- Conduct treatment in-person and via telehealth to best provide effective treatment to clients
- Must be able to meet productivity expectations as determined by management each year.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including other LLK leaders (occupational therapy, music therapy, art therapy, technology, and life skills), teachers, therapists, physicians.
- Provide multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary treatment.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Complete evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, treatment notes and discharge/home programs in a timely manner.
- Recommend appropriate multi-modal communication methods (verbal, sign language, and/or AAC device)
- Seek ways to continually improve the values and mission of LLK to maximize effective and efficient communication of children at LLK.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited graduate program
- Successful completion of the National Praxis Examination
- Certificate of Competency from ASHA Clinical
- Successful completion of the Clinical Fellowship Year
- Three years of experience in a clinical setting with pediatrics (can include fellowship year)
- Current Michigan License as a Speech and Language Pathologist
- Ferndale/Clinton Township
- Dual location availability preferred.
- Monday – Saturday
- Friday and Saturday availability preferred.
- Availability within Clinic hours 9 AM to 7 PM