Ferndale, Michigan • Music Therapist • Full-Time/Part-Time
At LifeLab Kids, we empower all youth of all abilities to see past their limitations and lead full lives. We are looking for energetic, hard-working individuals with experience working with children to come and join our team! Come and be a part of an organization that desires to go above and beyond, questions the status quo, and searches for innovative ways to help our students live independent lives.
If you thrive in a team environment, have a positive attitude, are driven to do your best, and are willing to learn new and exciting challenges every day, then look no further.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in music therapy from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 2-years prior experience working with children with developmental disabilities
- Evaluate and develop treatment plans for individuals with ASD and other developmental disabilities
- Run group or individual sessions designed to meet individual needs of clients
- Develop and implement treatment plans to address social, emotional, and cognitive health.
- Competency with physical limitations, ambulatory concerns, and accommodation necessary for accessible activities
- Serve as a contributing member of an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Accurately document services to clients, progress and development
- Review and access therapy sessions to monitor progress to aid the planning of subsequent sessions
- Knowledge and experience with preventing and deescalating aggressive behavior
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen upon hire
– Competitive hourly rates
– Paid time-off
– Paid Holidays
– Professional development
– Medical, dental and vision insurance
– Opportunities for career advancement
All benefits available to full-time staff.