The Chief Development Officer role is an integrated position combining business development and fundraising into one dynamic position all geared to work together to enhance LifeLab Kids.
The individual in this role will handle the management and oversight of all fundraising and community relations activities.
The individual in this role will have the skills and experience to understand the value of consistent messaging and the true power of integrating outreach activities. Believing that when coordinated together they create an atmosphere of constant growth and synergy.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage business development outreach activities resulting in continual growth.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive development strategy to sustain and grow core support.
- Responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships for Major Gifts, Direct Response campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Support, Special Events, Individual Giving, Corporate Development.
- Develop and manage donor stewardship strategies and cultivation.
- Manage community relation activities that engage community and emerging leaders and affiliated organizations within the communities LifeLab Kids serves.
- Manage annual fundraising activities including direct mail and special events.
- Develop the strategy and provide leadership for any capital campaigns required for growth into additional markets.
- Manage grant application processes for foundation funding.
- Experience in fundraising for a nonprofit
- Individual should be an excellent communicator. With experience in coordinating numerous meetings and facilitating group initiatives with specific goals achieved.
- Individual should have a track record in working independently as well with groups.
- Ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial with the ability to develop new and fresh ideas and bring them to strategic completion.
- Ability to create and implement long-term strategic plans for fundraising activities, experience in managing budgets, creating forecasts, and analyzing progress through established metrics.
- Successful track record in building and executing a development plan and evaluation of outcomes with a metrics-based approach.
- Experience managing relationships and strategy relating to major gifts, legacy giving and other fundraising efforts.
- Individual needs to be located in the Metro Detroit area and available to come onsite to locations for meetings as needed.
* The ideal candidate will be a hard-working and ambitious individual with leadership capabilities that also works well in a team environment.
* This individual needs to be entrepreneurial in nature utilizing their creativity to develop new strategies and initiatives.
* This individual also needs to be passionate about their work and bring a sense of professionalism, honesty and integrity to the position.