LifeLab Kids helps students of all abilities to discover their unique true potential through a blend of evidence based interventions, therapeutic activities, and innovative use of technology. We build collaborative partnerships between students, families, and therapists to engage students’ passions and increase their health, happiness, and quality of life.
We are looking for an experienced Billing Specialist to join our team part-time. Must be local and able to come into the office for meetings when needed.
Understands the entire billing lifecycle – invoicing, claims submissions, post payments and collections using the Central Reach platform.
- Provide administrative support to Billing Manager and CC Billing Manager on all email communications
- Identify billing inconsistencies and provide claims guidance
- Knowledgeable on billing claims to insurance
- Process payments and make adjustments by working with insurance companies to make sure claims get approved
- Knowledgeable on creating invoices and payment plans for patients
- Process denied claims through working with insurance companies and resubmit claims
- Understand how to interpret EDI files
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health (Applied Behavior Analysis and Counseling), Speech, and Occupational Therapy type of billing CPT and diagnosis codes is mandatory.
- Maintains and updates fee schedules in software accordingly
- Follows up on aging receivables
- Verify eligibility of insurance coverage, determine insurance coverage periods, update changes in the electronic record.
- Provide reports on billing and collection activities as requested
- Understands remittance posting and claim reviewing process
- Knowledgeable with credentialing new providers
- Meet weekly with Billing Manager to go over any outstanding items
- 2+ years billing experience
- Experience with Central Reach System
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & Word